Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Media observation 23 - books, books, books

For some reason, I seem to be on a book fringe. I think that it is due to my lack of reading books for my own entertainment and having to read textbooks all the time. Nevertheless, my observation come from what we talk about in class about textbooks and trade books. I now know why when I go to the bookstore and get my stack of books and over $500 for them, it is because less people are buying the fun books. Trade books only make it because textbooks are paying for them. That is why the prices are so high! So when I go back to the bookstore to sell my textbook, I am going to take some of that money and buy a trade book of some sort. I am going to try and do some sort of part in my life entertain my mind, my children, and give the textbook industry a reason to not jack their prices so high. It may not be as successful as I hope, but I know that I can at least try.

No comments:

Post a Comment