Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Media observation 21 - Harry Potter

I am actually not as into seeing this movie as I thought I would be. I don't know if it has to do with the fact that I was so excited for the new Transformers and was slightly put down about it. I just don't know. However, I know I will see it but I feel like I can wait to see it because of many things. First, as much as I love the Harry Potter books and the fantasy and imagination that they give to whomever is reading, the books keep getting darker and darker. Even in a review I read on Yahoo, people claim this book to be darker. Secondly, the movie doesn't quite follow the book like it should. The director defended his reasoning in saying that certain parts didn't fit the mood of the movie and will perhaps be apart of the next movie. Nevertheless, it is still sad and slightly depressing to expect something and not get it. Lastly, movie theaters are just so darn expensive these days. Soon, we will be paying to get into a theater the same price it is to buy a movie!

No comments:

Post a Comment